Waldorf Astoria"The greatest of them all™". In 1932, Conrad Hilton scrawled these words over a black and white photograph of the Waldorf Astoria. Now Hilton Hotels has introduced a new luxury hotel line that will extend the cachet of New York’s legendary Waldorf Astoria hotel.
The new, elite brand designation will build upon the deeply established and highly reputable hospitality name, the Waldorf Astoria, that represents one of the cornerstones of our company’s history. Hilton will take this world-renowned name to new heights as we develop a new line of business that has significant growth potential and that we anticipate will have enormous appeal to current and prospective hotel owners and developers worldwide.
The Waldorf Astoria brand will grow through:
- Co-branding of existing luxury landmark or boutique hotels that will add Waldorf Astoria to their name
- Designation of existing high-end Hilton or Conrad hotels as part of Waldorf Astoria
- Opening new-build hotels or hotel/residential developments in gateway cities using the Waldorf Astoria brand name itself to provide prestige and elegance, globally. The company will seek management contracts for truly special hotels in select markets, using the Waldorf Astoria brand name.
- Architectural significance
- Unique decor and original artwork
- Historic or landmark status
- Reputation for product and service excellence
Last modified: Friday 24th August 2012, 11:38am by Peter Abel (Hilton)